Wednesday, May 14, 2014

3 Ingredient Ice Cream Sandwiches

As we all know, I love my desserts! So on my journey to living a clean, healthy lifestyle, one thing I vowed I wouldn't give up is my desserts! I just have to get creative and find a clean, healthy way to enjoy them!!

If you're at all like me and ice cream is what you crave in the heat, then skip the hundreds of calories and cholesterol you'll find in that cup or cone and make these delicious {and clean!} treats instead.



This dessert is completely dairy-free, contains no added sugar, and tastes like an ice cream sandwich. It's soon to become your new favorite healthy treat — and all for under 100 calories.

Best of all, they couldn't be easier to whip up and contain only three ingredients: organic graham crackers, ripe bananas, and all-natural peanut butter. Once the creamy filling is frozen, it takes on the consistency of ice cream.

You will need:
 




*12 Graham Crackers {we used Annie's Organic ones}
*2 ripe bananas {organic}
*2 TBSP peanut butter {could use almond butter or PB2 also!}









1.)  Cut bananas in half, place in bowl with peanut butter.  Mash together with a fork until smooth.
{I found that using a potato masher also worked great!!}










2.)  Break graham crackers in half so you have squares.













3.)  Spread the banana/PB mixture on the graham cracker squares. Place the other half of the cracker over top to make a sandwich.












4.)  Wrap individually & freeze for 6-8 hours before serving!




























No comments: