Friday, June 29, 2012

Homemade Corn Dogs!

Being a working mom can be tough!  Sometimes I get home from working and really don't feel like cooking! I don't like feeding my family what I call "quickie" meals... like prepackaged corn dogs or canned spaghetti o's, but sometimes it would just be so nice to warm something up and be done...especially when it's 100* outside!

Today I was shopping and had a package of mini corn dogs in my hand and I just couldn't put them in the cart!  So I came up with my own idea, right there in the store!

Mini Corndogs

1 pkg Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg
1/3cup Milk
Hot dogs cut up in bite size pieces {I only ended up using 1 hot dog & made 6 muffins}

Prepare corn muffin mix.  Let sit for 3-4 four minutes.

Spray muffin pan, or use paper lines {*note muffins might stick to the paper liners!} add muffin mix to prepared muffin pan.

Submerge bite size hot dog into each cup before baking.

Bake at 400* for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Let muffins cool before serving.

These little things were such a great hit with my boys!  And they would be great to freeze and just pull out as needed!





No comments: