Monday, July 8, 2013

Bacon Egg and Cheese....Cupcakes??

...Yes Please!!!
I have never been a big breakfast fan...yet I LOVE breakfast foods! {Go figure, right!?}  I have been trying to eat healthier... which is hard because I love my junk food!  And low carb is the hardest for me, but comes with the best results, so sometimes its necessary.  I've found that making things that I can eat on the go, helps me to eat a healthier breakfast.  Most times that ends up being a yogurt at my desk at work, which gets boring!

That's where these delicious Bacon, Egg {and cheese} Cupcakes come in!  I love everything in cupcake form, so when I got wind of these, it was a must try!  These are super easy to make, and depending on how you make them they can be low fat/calorie/carbs too!

Bacon & Egg Cupcakes 


You will need...

  • 12 slices bacon
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper 



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whip the eggs, salt, pepper and cheese with a fork. 



Spray non stick spray in 12 muffin tins. 
Wrap each piece of bacon inside the sides of each muffin cup. 



Fill each bacon lined muffin cup 3/4 of the way with the egg mixture. 



Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the egg cups are golden brown and don’t jiggle. 
Use a knife to scoop them out of the tins. 
Serve immediately.

No comments: